Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Easter - Easel Card

Hello Everyone,



It's time for another Magnolia Down Under Challenge - this week we were to make an Easel Card. My very favourite style of card and I am sure you can see how addictive they are, not just by looking at my blog, but looking around blogland, they are hugely popular and come in all shapes and sizes. I hope you'll join us this week and if you've not made one before, they come with a warning "very addictive". I have included some directions below, hope they are not too confusing, please don't hesitate to contact me if you need further info. If you need some inspiration, stop by Magnolia Down Under Challenge Blog to see some amazing cards my fellow DT's came up with.

I used Jay Jay's Sketch from the Challenge this week at Just Magnolia, I rotated the sketch but otherwise stuck to it without braking the rules . Wonderful sketch Jay Jay, I can see I will use this sketch many times.

Card Recipe
Easel Card closed size 15cm x 15cm (6" x6")
Magnolia Stamps -Tilda Hugging Bunny,  Happy Easter (Squiggly) from Easter Collection 2009, Loving Wishes - Winter Stamp Kit/Raising the Ceiling.
Paper - Pale Blue Spots by Bella - Ever After Collection, Pale Pink peeking out from under ribbon Kaisercraft - Hopscotch & the CS is by American Crafts.
Colouring - Copic Markers
Tools - Spellbinders - Rectangles, Scallops & Fancy Labels, Scor Pal, Martha Stewart Border
Other - Ribbon, Flowers, Stickles - Star Dust. Machine Stitching - straight & zig zag.

My finished card size is 15cm square (6")
supplies needed:
Cardstock 30cm x 15cm (12"x6")
Cardstock -15cm x 15cm (6"x6")
score tool/scor pal
Scor Tape/Red Tape or strong adhesive



Easel Card 15cm square cut 30cm x15cm piece of cardstock - score at 15cm & 7.5cm (6" & 3") vertically - valley fold both score lines.

Embellish card front - attach to card base, I find it easier to close the card, sticking the front to the closed card, it's easier to line up.  To hold the card in place you need to add a button, pop dot or some sort of dimension for the card to catch on to keep it from closing.

To resize all you need to remember is score your card in half and then in half again.
Example of sizes: 12.5cm (5") square
Cardstock 25cm (10") x 12.5cm (5") - score at 12.5 (5") & 6.25cm (2.5")


Have a wonderful week, thanks for stopping by & happy stamping.
Hugs Jodie

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Stunning card Jodie, so pretty, love the soft colours and the image is adorable.
Thanks for your get well wishes hunny, I can breathe so much better today thankfully
hugs Mandy xx

Monique Lokhorst said...

Hello Jodie,

What a beautiful stunning cards. I just saw you are one of the new Design Team Members from Magnolia Sweden. I am very proud to be your teammate now! Welcome!

Hugs,
Monique xxx

Antonia said...

hello jody.
i m from holland.
what a beautiful cards .
and a lovely box.
greetings from holland.
Antonia.

Helle said...

I JUST LOVE YOUR CARDS!
I am now a follower of your blog,I just have to come back for inspiration...
Welcome to mine blog,and i'll be happy if you leave a comment!
Have a nice and creative weekend
Hugs from Helle from Norway

LinkWithin