Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Sunday Stampers,

(photo take 2 - I changed the ribbon, I decided it was too much red and needed something softer.)

It's Mothers Day in Australia today. For all you Mother's out there, wishing a very special day.

It is also time for another Magnolia Down Under Challenge and this week it is PAPER TOLE.

I enjoyed this challenge, as most of my cards are paper toled, maybe not in the true sense, but I always like to add some extra layers for dimension & to give a little life to my cards.

I made this Easel card for my Mum, as a lot of you know she has not been well, but everyday she is a lot stronger.

This is my very first Magnolia stamp purchased and I still love her, she was feeling a little neglected, so I thought I would show her some love.
Stamps - Magnolia's Sommar Tilda med with Hat - Shabby Chic Summer 2009, Love Heart sentiment - Love Collection 2009 - Other sentiment stamp - Mothers hold our hands for a while sentiment - Stampendous, The gorgeous papers are October Afternoon's Fly a Kite. Machine stitching, Martha Steward border punch - Embossed Scallop Edge Punch & Emboss.
Copic Colours, Skin E11, E000, E00, Hair E30, E31, E25, Red's R000, R20, R22, R24, R27, Green G21 & G28.




13 comments:

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Jodie,
your card for your Mother is adorable. I love Tilda and she is coloured in so beautifully. Love those red shoes and the red bows.
Hugs Marion

Mandy said...

Oh hun this is another stunner. Love the sweet image, your papers and embellies, and the sentiment you've used is beautiful
hugs Mandy xx

Monique Lokhorst said...

Hello Jodie,

WOW! What a gorgeous card. The details and colours are just great!

Hugs from Holland,
Monique xxx

Yani said...

Very pretty!

creationsncraftsbyarina said...

I love this card so beautiful, lovely colours

so I became a follower off your blog.
hugs from arina from holland

terry said...

I Love this card! Your colouring is so cheery and bright! LOVE it! I wonder if this adorable Tilda is still available...so sweet. I know your Mom must love this card.I do have a questio...I have been looking for the edge punch you used for the white eyelet strip. Can you tell me what brand and name of punch??? Thanks for sharing!

Jodie from Oz said...

Hi Terry,
I hope you see this reply, I tried to find your blog or email without success. The border punch is my very favourite and I use it a lot, I'm sorry I sometime forget to mention it. The name of it is Embossed Scallop Edge Punch & Emboss - by Martha Stewart, a fairly old one and very hard to get but you might be able to google the name and find one that way. Thanks for the lovely comments. hugs Jodie from Oz

Jodie from Oz said...

Terry, oops forget to mention, this adorable Tilda is available and if you click the link I have added next to her name it will take you to right to her. hugs again Jodie from Oz

terry said...

Jodie,
Thanks so for letting me know about the punch! I'll start my "quest" now to find one LOL!
I'm not a blogger, but yours is wonderful and I know everyone appeciates your talent and time!

Anonymous said...

SO beautiful!!

mycardz said...

Hi Jodie! I love your card - what gorgeous coloring and sketch layout is perfect! Love all the awesome little details you added also! hugz, Mary

lenislenis said...

Wonderful card, lovely colours!

Liza said...

A stunning card Jodie, I love this sweet Tilda stamp and all of your beautiful details.

Liza x

LinkWithin