Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Wishes


This was made for Just Magnolia Challenge 28 Martine's Sketch. My first entry with Just Magnolia and my very first sketch challenge. I've entered a few challenges recently, but not sketch challenges. This was harder than I thought, here's me thinking a sketch would be easy to follow, but my mojo went for a huge walk. What made it harder, I decided to challenge myself a little further and mix pattern papers, Basic Grey makes it easy bringing out little collections of beautiful papers, but I normally play it safe and use one pattern with coloured cs.

Tilda with Cowberry Muffin is one of the new stamps I just received as a prize for Magnolia-licious's World Card Making Day Challenge, the prize was to pick any 3 Magnolia stamps from Magnolia-licious Store. Thanks again to Suzanne Dean for hosting the event & for Diana Crick's generosity. I stamped Tilda out a couple of times  for dimension, coloured her with my Copics and airbrushed the Nestie Oval. I hand cut the oval mats, I find the Nestie Ovals are not big enough, even with the set of 4. Hopefully with the distressing you can't notice how crooked they are. Flowers from existing stash, spotted flower cut with MS punch to match DP.  Distressed the paper edges. I tried for a bit of a shabby chic look to this card,  but I'm worried I ended up with a bit too shabby & not enough chic end result.

Magnolia Tilda with Cowberry Muffin from So Heavenly & Travel  & School Collection 2008, DP Lemonade by Basic Grey, all punches by Martha Stewart, pearl border by Kaisercraft, Sentiment - Hero Arts, ribbon & flower centres from stash.

No comments:

LinkWithin